Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sbu Ndebele and the shiny GIFT!!!!!!

As it will happen the ANC has been tested on their efforts to control corruption in the new adminstration. I'm happy to hear that Sbu decided to give back the elaborate gift he received for doing what he gets paid for. It is truly a good sign ... or is it?

During your press conference you mentioned something that made me think: you could easily afford to buy yourself a vehicle of that calibre, you said???? No isn't that a tight wee bit of overspending? I should think that in a country where underperformance of service delivery is blamed upon the shortage of money our government would reconsider their position towards such unneccessary spending. Or do I have it wrong... a minister in service of the people cannot function well unless they sit within the comfort of a 1 million rand car? I should think that a reliable vehicle that carts you to your place of business will be neccessary, but reliability can be bought at a more economical price, wouldn't you say. Luxury is not your calling but rather service to your people. I wonder how you (the entire government) will explain to the dwellers of an informal settlement that you would be unable to feed them because you had to spend the budget on luxurious transport for the ministers. No one can eat a Mercedes Benz, I don't care what your excuses are. This country and especially the poor people voted you into power... it's time you start delivering on all the empty promises of the last 15 years.

Call me a racist ... call me an activist ... call me whatever you like ... but the time has come for the ANC to call a spade a spade and get down to business. Your people are starving, they need proper housing, medicine, education and most of all RESPECT.

If the people die because the government was busy shopping for their next luxury airconditioned vehicle, the shame is on you who made the empty promises.
Proof me wrong (I dare you) so everybody can share in decency and the most basic of all: dignity and pride to belong in a country that has a place for all its inhabitants.

No comments:

Post a Comment